Sunday, May 22, 2011

Serenity NOW....

  Yes, I want it NOW and I want it ALL the time. That peaceful feeling that all is right with me and my world.  I have moments of serenity.  I have weeks and sometimes even a month where all is good.  But inevitably it comes crashing down.  Doubts, stress, anxiety and depression.  Life...  Fortunately these days I have more good than bad.  I can take joy in the small things.  Like watching the birds discover my feeders.  Laughing at the cats as they rampage through the house.  Take pride in the fact that I went to the fair by myself.  I didn't enjoy it as much this year but I got out of the house and went anyway.  I am glad I am Awake.  Life is much more interesting these days.  I pay attention more to the things and the people around me. I am a better employee. A better mother? Not so sure about that..still having guilt that I am not there all the time for my kids and that I enjoy(a lot of the time) my time away from them. My dreams are more vivid and my meditations are filled with more energy.  But there are those times that I feel me collapsing and isolating.  This is when I heal, question, lean on, grow....  Not fun but necessary.  Forging ahead..it's what I do best.

1 comment:

  1. Barb I am concerned about stress and my heart. Heart problems runs in women in my family. The other day I sat outback and just watched birds,trees,wind blowing and felt only in an hour so tranquil. It was the same feeling I would get after sitting on the beach all day. First time that happened and I could have sat there all day. It was a big deal and Im glad to know it's important for me to do this.

    ReplyDelete