Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Slowly but...

I have been on a diet for 3 weeks now and have lost 4 pounds.  I guess the slow but sure way is going to work for me.  I have been counting calories.  Trying to keep myself around the 1200-1300 range with exercising by walking 3 times a week.  I have to admit I am hungry a lot of the time.  But this diet has me really looking at everything I put in my mouth and it has me trying to decide if I really want it or not.  Sometimes when I am getting close to my max calories for the day I go out and walk a bit so I can have a piece of chocolate.  I am making myself work for the good stuff. 

Now I am not sure this is the right way to go about it but so far so good.  I think the main thing I need to do is keep a positive attitude and keep moving.  A friend of mine has "bounce the leg" syndrome.  I laughed at her and said I used to have that too but I trained myself out of it.  She reminded me that she was Moving and it was burning calories.  So slowly and probably to my friends' dismay...my "bounce the leg" syndrome is coming back. 

It took me 3+ years to put all this weight on and I have a feeling its going to take some time to get it off.  But I am going to try my hardest.  Once I set my mind to something, I usually can follow through.  Cheers and pats on the back will be accepted from my loved ones as I go down yet another path in the transformation of Barb.

No comments:

Post a Comment